Read the resource usage policy for the web hosting plans offered by Hostico.
In our attempt to prevent overloads that may adversely affect the response time of your web sites we have set specific limits resources shared web hosting plan . The implications of this policy for use of resources accrue to large consumers of resources by preventing overloading their servers . Note that the server abuse is not limited to crossing limits but determination is at the discretion of Hostico abuse . User Policy is applied to shared web hosting accounts and web reseller.
It should be noted that these limitations are imposed to protect you as a customer service disruptions. Most accounts will not feel the existence of these limitations. If you consider that these limitations may affect the functionality of your services, please contact one of the representatives Hostico in order to establish optimal settings and/or various suggestions on these issues.
These restrictions are imposed automatic to the account creation. If one of the accounts will run continuously near the limits imposed, the account owner will be notified and along with it will make decisions jointly in solving these problems. We reserve the right, however, specified in the Terms and Conditions and suspend your account if it creates severe problems and /or breaks other Hostico policies and regulations..
Hostico servers can't and won't be used as a storage systems, being allowed a single backup storage account on that account.
Reselling hosting services is not allowed on Shared accounts. If the customer wants to do this then you will need to purchase a reseller package.
Hosting, indication or targeting adult sites is completely prohibited in Hostico network. If you want your hosting with such a content you will have to contact companies specialized in this field.
Interactive chat applications are prohibited by Hostico servers. This includes but is not limited to applications written in PHP chat, Perl, Flash, CGI, Python, Ruby , etc. Chat box sites, shout box- ins, live help / live chat (like LiveZilla ) and other kind are also prohibited.
Web applications and web scripts
As a webmaster is your duty to evaluate and update applications held regularly to ensure its integrity. Forums or any other application that provides the ability to enter comments should have a moderating how to protect or SPAM. CAPTCHA is a popular method of stopping the robot to introduce spam..
- Hosting accounts must be used only for the purpose of hosting websites. There can be used as backup drives or other remote websites.
- All of your installed applications to be updated continuously.
- The accounts will be suspended if they are running on outdated scripts that are run at all times.
- Each hosting package is limited to a certain number of simultaneous web connections.
Data for dynamic web pages are usually kept in databases. A database server, such as MySQL manages and supplies information required for site scripting. Database servers have a limited number of connections that can accept a certain time. When many requests are made simultaneously query the database server is running out of resources and can’t answer those queries. That usually happens when your website is very accessible or when is used a script less effective (for example, has several queries for each page that displays), or both.
- The databases will be used only for network hosted accounts Hostico
- The databases must use the index Links
- 10 maximum concurrent connections are allowed
- It is allowed a maximum of 10 concurrent MySQL.
- Remote access to databases is granted only for administrative purposes.
Customers can set their own cronjob on their sites but these processes should not run more frequently for 5 minutes and their runtime must represent half the time next run. Any cron job that consume resources and affect the stability of the system can be deactivated by our technicians. If cron job override limits of the CPU, cron jobs will be canceled.
Email and Mailing Lists
Using Hostico servers and network for the transmission of unsolicited commercial messages (spam) is strictly prohibited. Spamming will not be accepted or tolerated under any circumstance.
SPAM messaging servers and networks can cause irreparable damage Hostico financial and image. All the damage caused by spam will be assumed by the customer.
Any customer who uses their account to send spam can have their account suspended without notice.
- Sending emails with attachments larger than 25 MB is not allowed.
- We do not allow sending messages to mailing lists purchased or received from various people. This is spam, and we have zero tolerance for them.
- All messages sent to a mailing list must contain an unsubscribe link and this unsubscribing to be performed automatically.
- SMTP gateway should be used only for the areas that they have hosted us. It is not allowed to send different FROM mail address from your area.
- If your hosting account and / or mail is exploited by spammers, it may be suspended without notice.
- If your local network is infected and it sends spam, your account may be suspended without notice in advance.
- Mailing list sites with more than 5,000 members requires a VPS or dedicated server. They can’t be run on shared accounts.
- Sending newsletters to more than 1,000 members is advisable to be after 21:00 on weekdays or weekends only.
- A maximum of 25 CC/BCC addresses are allowed.
- All sites mailing list should contain the date of confirmation subscribing members and IPs from that provided confirmation.
- Messages should be sent by SMTP authentication, using php mail function () is allowed but not recommended.
Shared web hosting customers will not benefit of SSH access on Hostico servers.
Services / websites listed below consumes a lot of resources and should be run only in dedicated environments (server VPS, dedicated). All websites that violate these rules may be stopped without any notice. If you are unsure or think your site violates the rules you can contact one of the representatives Hostico.
- SEO farms or any similar like this are strictly prohibited on Hostico servers.
- Banner services and link exchange networks are not allowed on Hostico servers.
- Providing free services by: file storage, email or hosting services is strictly prohibited.
- Using the accounts as systems with personal information storage is prohibited.
- Running public mirrors is prohibited.
- Running a proxy or an anonymizer either public accesible either private is not allowed.
- Hacking, warez or promotes illegal activities sites are prohibited
- Applications of bit torrent trackers and any other activities of file sharing are prohibited.
- Running game servers is prohibited.
- Running web spiders and indexers is not allowed.
Hostico will contact the account holder to solve the problems identified. In the emergencies cases may be suspended before contacting the account holder. Refusal or failure to comply with these terms may result the suspension or deletion of your account (with or without reversal of amounts paid, this is at the discretion Hostico). All the accounts wich are on Hostico network must comply with these rules. We reserve the right to remove any account without any notice. If your account is deleted for violating these rules you lose the right to receive back the money, even if you have paid in advance.
The examples listed here are just a reference point. If you have a question about the status of the content /services of your site please contact one of the Hostico representatives for clarifications.
If your account has been suspended for excessive use of resources and this abuse can’t be solved by deleting or replacing a script you will have offered an upgrade to a VPS server. If you do not like performing this upgrade then remain to suspend your account so this way it will reduce traffic on it and eliminate resources consume. Meanwhile you will provide a backup account in its relocation.
Upgrading Vs. Fixing the problem
In most cases when your account has been suspended for abusing use of resources you will receive an email that will tell you what steps you can take to resolve the issue. That could include a suggestion to upgrade to a VPS. In most cases problems can be solved by optimizing applications and databases, but if your site has the number of visits increased it would be time for an analysis of VPS packages.
Hostico is here to offer you assistance in solving any issues wich you might have. Of course, fixing some of them might take a long time. The best advice we can offer you is to try to work with our hostico tehnicians and not against them because they try to asist you in solving the issue.
Dedicated Ip vs Shared Ip
Hosting accounts wich do not benefits of Dedicated Ip have automatic an Shared Ip. The difference between Dedicated Ip an Shared Ip is at first sight quite simple; Dedicated Ip has his own Ip and the Shared Ip share the hosting Ip on the same equipment wich has also Shared Ip. There are many differeces between those two configurations. Using dedicated Ip has the next advantages:
- PTR - For use when sending email messages , it is a plus for mail server filters
- SEO Optimization – It’s formed of many elements, each with its own importance. Dedicated IP is one of many requirements so that his possession is a plus
- Avoiding blacklist – Since only you are using the Ip, the possibility of it being listed in a blacklist is eliminated, of course this only if you do not send unsolicited messages and you don’t have the site infected.
The above points are not valid in case of a shared IP , particularly the inclusion in the blacklist . On a shared IP the actions of other customers regarding IP will directly affect you. If are sended unsolicited messages or one of your sites is infected, the related Ip is listed in a blacklist so it will be also your activity affected. Hosting accounts that do not contain implicitly a Dedicated IP it can be added one at the time of your procurement .
Whether the web page is static or dynamic server processor is used to get and display that page to the visitors. When a web page is automatically created by a script the processor usage level increases because it must build the entire page . It must load the template to obtain the specific data to that page in the database , to execute plugins or the installed modules and finally to assemble the display page . Since the processor time is a finite resource shared by all accounts on a server, if any of those accounts used excessive the processor, the other sites on that server will not be able to display within a relatively short time seeming to be heavy loads, even jerky . So we monitor the CPU resource used by shared accounts to prevent the issues that can be caused by excessive CPU use on one account.
Ram is the place where your script and data are stored in the time of their execution . The maximum RAM level that a server can have is fixed . That amount of RAM is shared between the accounts located on the server. This memory is needed by all the programs that are running on the server, including the server itself. If your scripts are huge or if they need a high amount of RAM to run, they will compete to get the desired amount of RAM, amount used by all the scripts on the server. So the RAM is another resource that will impose limitations on use.
When you are accessing the website, the PHP scripts will be run by the PHP processor to obtain and display information for visitors. Obtaining and showing informations it’s composed of connecting to the database , the application of relevant information for display , information processing , interface training site and finally display the result. All of these operations consume a smaller or a bigger quantity of PHP memory depending on the complexity of the owned website.
The applications connects to the MySQL database to obtain , update and delete informations. Depending on the purpose of the application, a number of operations will prevail over the others but usually this operation is about obtaining. Each one connection of this type is counted by MySQL so this way can run many differents operations together . Depending on the level of the optimization of the request and the database, the duration of these demands can vary from a few milliseconds to tens of milliseconds. Obviously, it’s required the situation where these requestes lasts only a few miliseconds so the solicited information to be quickly obtained and shown to the visitators. Depending on the level of the optimization at the application, it can run a certain number of simultaneous requests , so the maximum permitted is 10. We consider that the applications are eighter not optimized, either it have high traffic and it needs more than 10 competitors connections so it must migrated on dedicated solutions ( VPS , Dedicated Server ) to not affect the remaining customers on the shared server.
The virtual memory used by applications . Virtual memory refers to libraries that are already loaded by the operating system and are also used by other applications.
The pMem is formed by physical memory consumed directly by your applications to achieve the desired operation.
Input/Output is the reading/writing speed on the hard disk wich the application you use will not be able to exceed.
nProc is the number of concurrent processes that can run on your hosting account.
An EP ( entry process ) represents a HTTP connection to a website. As soon as the connection is handled (through a PHP script/file to be loaded) the EP is closed. EP represents the total number of simultaneous connections to your website but not the total number of simultaneous visitors.Depending on the level of the website's optimization an EP can be opened and closed in under a second which makes it possible to have a higher number of simultaneous visitors on your website than the EP limitation.
IOPS represents the number of times the hard disk is accessed (read from/wrote to) during an interval of a second.
Resources of the accounts inside a reseller package are equivalent to the Business Mini hosting package resources.
- CPU - Percentage available per core
- PHP Mem - PHP Allocated memory
- MySQL - Maximum MySQL connections/user
- vMem - Virtual Memory
- pMem - Physical Memory
- I/O - Read and write speed on SSD
- nProc - Maximum number of simultaneous processes
- EP - Concurrent connections
- IOPS - Read/write operations on SSD/second